The 2012-14 RASV Strategic Plan sets out a roadmap under five strategic themes for pursuing our aspirations and achieving our goals in the foreseeable future.
Over the next three years, we will:
- Be VALUED by industry
- Improve our events to better CONNECT industry to consumers
- Enhance MEMBER VALUE
- Ensure SUSTAINABILITY
- Continue to invest in our PEOPLE
Be VALUED by industry
The RASV is committed to being valued by industry for our ability to link industry to consumers.
- develop and clearly communicate value for those with a direct involvement in primary and secondary production, particularly in Victoria, to be involved or participate in RASV events and competitions;
- encourage industry engagement, thought-leadership, youth involvement, the development of industry advisory groups and communication with industry; and
- improve our understanding of industry needs to develop and deliver relevant and contemporary events and competitions, which provide industry with unique opportunities to benchmark and promote their products and services.
Improve our events to better CONNECT industry to consumers
The RASV is committed to providing the industry with opportunities to connect with consumers, primarily through unique events, such as the Royal Melbourne Show (RMS), Victoria’s largest annual community event.
Our events will:
- celebrate quality, offer opportunities to taste and trial, and provide a platform for industry promotion and education; and
- engage with industry participants to maximise the appeal and success of consumer focused events, like the RMS, to ensure that they remain relevant entertaining and offer a unique platform to inform consumers about Victorian produce and products.
Enhance MEMBER VALUE
As a member-based organisation, the RASV is committed to growing membership and delivering great value to members.
- communicate clearly the benefits of membership and increase member value by enhancing the range of unique member benefits;
- collaborate with industry and partners to enhance the member value proposition; and
- improve member engagement and experiences to encourage greater involvement and participation.
The RASV is committed to generating operating surpluses to enable future investment in our events, member benefits and Melbourne Showgrounds facilities.
- develop and deliver new and improved products and services that meet the needs of our customers and maximise returns;
- improve efficiency and deliver best practice in all operational elements;
- develop and maintain strong sustainable partnerships with industry and commercial organisations; and
- encourage the development of the next generation of leaders in Victorian agriculture.
Continue to invest in our PEOPLE
The RASV is committed to improving the organisation by supporting and developing our employees and by implementing the appropriate systems, processes and infrastructure to enable the development and delivery of quality events and superior service.
- empower employees to strengthen relationships with industry;
- encourage inspirational leadership and create an environment for success;
- increase access to specialist skills and contemporary industry expertise;
- invest in improving internal process and systems;
- motivate and inform our volunteer base; and
- invest in research to gain consumer insights.