Conducted by The Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria (RASV) the Australian International Coffee Awards (AICA) is the first and only international coffee roasting competition in Australia, receiving 658 entries from 143 local and international coffee roasters in 2016, including coffees from New Zealand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Singapore, Canada, USA and UK.
2017 Key Dates
Entries Open: Tuesday 22 November 2016
Entries Close: Friday 24 February 2017
Deliveries: Monday 6 - Tuesday 7 March 2017
Judging: Wednesday 8 - Friday 10 March 2017
Awards Presentation: Wednesday 29 March 2017
What's New for 2017
- The appointment of Melissa Caia as the Head Judge for the AICA
- Introduction of a new class for immersion brewing - this replaces the plunger and syphone classes
- A change in brewing method for immersion coffee, using a Clever Coffee Dripper
- A change in the brewing specification for espresso coffee
Why You Should Enter
Entering your product into the Australian International Coffee Awards provides your business with the opportunity to:
• Benchmark your products against industry standards;
• Receive feedback from independent industry experts;
• Market your coffee with a seal of quality;
• Promote your coffees through associated events of the RASV.
What Our Trophy And Medal Winners Say
“Winning gold at the AICA has helped us reaffirm that we are on the right track with our roasting and bean selection. It has also been beneficial for our café; we proudly sit our trophy atop of our coffee machine and it is a great conversation piece for anyone visiting.” David Mule, Aroma Café, Western Australia
“We deem the AICA to be one of the most prestigious global coffee awards, boasting both a large number of entries and a panel of international judges. Winning Champion International Roaster in 2015 and 2016 has raised the overall profile of Tanamera Coffee.” Clive Samuels, Tanamera Coffee, Indonesia
“The AICA is a fantastic opportunity to gauge the quality of our coffee against some of the best roasters in Australia as well as overseas. Winning two trophies at the 2016 AICA gives us strong credibility with our customers – both current and future.” Mark Bignell, Bellissimo Coffee, Queensland
Winning Tastes -Opportunities for
Find out about opportunities to showcase your award winning product to close to 10,000 food and drink loving subscribers, tell your brand story and connect with around 450,000 consumers at Victoria’s largest and most iconic annual event, the Royal Melbourne Show.