Coffee roasters are able to submit entries into five categories.
- Espresso, blend (CFF001)
- Espresso, single origin (CFF002)
MILK BASED COFFEE
- Cappuccino, blend (CFF003)
- Immersion, blend (CFF005)
- Immersion, single origin (CFF006)
- Pour Over, single origin (CFF007)
COLD BREW COFFEE
A product needs to be entered into a class for it to proceed into competition.
Each class has judging criteria against which the exhibits are assessed. The criteria vary across the different categories but they focus on the sensory aspects of coffee but they focus on the sensory aspects of the beverage (eg. Taste, flavour, aroma, body, aftertaste.)
To be eligible for entry into the Australian International Coffee Awards entries must meet the following requirements:
- To be eligible for an AICA Trophy the Exhibit must be submitted by the Producer of the Exhibit entered. A brand owner or retailer may also enter an exhibit but ONLY if the Producer of the contracted product is listed. Trophy status will recognise the producer of the Exhibit on behalf of the retailer or brand owner.
- The product being entered is a commercially available product
- All entries should be as per a normal production run
- There is a maximum of 5 entries per class permitted
- Any individual product can only be entered once into the Australian International Coffee Awards
- A coffee can be entered into multiple categories where there is a different brew type (Espresso, Milk Based or Filter).