The Australian Food Awards (AFA) is Australia’s leading national food awards program, conducted by the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria (RASV).
The Australian Food Awards builds on the success of and replaces RASV’s Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards (RMFFA) program, offering broader opportunities for Australian producers to leverage success locally and internationally with the AFA’s national brand seal of quality.
The AFA presents producers, large and small, with the chance to benchmark their products, establish their credentials in the Australian premium food industry and provides differentiation in the market for award winners.
The Awards recognise the best Australian food products and produce across eight major categories, including Dairy, Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Fresh Produce - Truffles, Grains and Pulses, Pantry Goods and Convenience Foods.
The RASV is committed to enhancing the AFA offering and providing producers of Australian premium food with valuable opportunities to grow and promote their brand.
NINE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ENTER THE AUSTRALIAN FOOD AWARDS
- The Australian Food Awards is Australia’s Leading National Food Awards Program;
- Award winning products will receive Gold, Silver & Bronze medals which are a National Brand Seal of Excellence;
- Exhibitors can benchmark their product against competitors with unique, innovative results reporting, providing more information on where your product is ranked against your competitors;
- Award winning producers will be provided with the AFA Marketing & PR Kit to assist with promoting your win;
- Award-winning producers have the opportunity to market their products in the Winning Tastes Pavilion & the AFA Deli at the Royal Melbourne Show;
- Products that are awarded gold medal status for three consecutive years will be eligible for the Consistency of Excellence Medal;
- Exhibitors have the opportunity to attend an exclusive Exhibitor Tasting to sample this year’s medal winning product;
- Exhibitors can attend the AFA Gala Awards Presentation Dinner, held in a unique setting where the Champion Trophies will be announced;
- Opportunity to be showcased at International and Local Trade Shows and promotional events.
WHAT OUR TROPHY WINNERS SAY
“We enter our products into RASV’s awards every year, because we believe it to be a competition that is run with great integrity. Winning a gold medal in a respected competition like the AFA increases confidence in the quality of your products”. Westerly Isbaih, Alto Olives
“At Holbrook Paddock Eggs, we enter the awards as a way to have our product independently judged and benchmarked against our competitors. Our cartons proudly display the two consecutive gold medals we have been awarded, giving consumers confidence in the quality of our eggs when making their purchase decision”. Sam Pincott, Holbrook Paddock Eggs
Entry fees are determined on the basis of annual turnover. There are three annual turnover ranges based on the turnover ranges that the Australian Bureau of Statistics uses to classify small, medium and large size businesses.
||Up to $200,000
||$80 (inc GST)
||$200,001 - $2,000,000
||$150 (inc GST)
||$200 (inc GST)
2016 KEY DATES
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Entries Close: Friday 29 July
Judging: (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) Friday 19-Saturday 20 August
Exhibitor Tastings: Friday 15, Friday 22 July and Monday 22 August
Presentation Dinner: Thursday 8 September
Winning Tastes - Opportunities for Medal-Winning Exhibitors
Find out about opportunities to showcase your award winning product to close to 10,000 food and drink loving subscribers, tell your brand story and connect with around 450,000 consumers at Victoria’s largest and most iconic annual event, the Royal Melbourne Show.