NINE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ENTER THE AUSTRALIAN FOOD AWARDS
- The Australian Food Awards is Australia’s Leading National Food Awards Program;
- Award winning products will receive Gold, Silver & Bronze medals which are a National Brand Seal of Excellence;
- Exhibitors can benchmark their product against competitors with unique, innovative results reporting, providing more information on where your product is ranked against your competitors;
- Award winning producers will be provided with the AFA Marketing & PR Kit to assist with promoting your win;
- Award-winning producers have the opportunity to market their products in the Winning Tastes Pavilion & the AFA Deli at the Royal Melbourne Show;
- Products that are awarded gold medal status for three consecutive years will be eligible for the Consistency of Excellence Medal;
- Exhibitors have the opportunity to attend an exclusive Exhibitor Tasting to sample this year’s medal winning product;
- Exhibitors can attend the AFA Gala Awards Presentation Dinner, held in a unique setting where the Champion Trophies will be announced;
- Opportunity to be showcased at International and Local Trade Shows and promotional events
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW WHEN ENTERING
- The Australian Food Awards is a credible and impartial competition;
- All entries must be produced in Australia and commercially available at time of entry;
- An Exhibit can only be entered once into the Awards;
- All entries are blind tasted, judged and scored against set criteria;
- Entries will be allocated a tasting order number to ensure the confidentiality of the Exhibit and to protect the integrity of the judging process;
- All judges are chosen on the basis of their industry knowledge and expertise;
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring the prompt and safe delivery of their entries and that entries include a use by or best by date
HOW TO ENTER
There are three simple steps to enter the Australian Food Awards:
- Read through the enclosed Entry Book and the Categories you can enter product into;
- Complete the entry form online and arrange payment for your entries and;
- Wait for confirmation of your Entries and for your product delivery instructions.
Online entries can be submitted at http://food.rasv.com.au.
Go to Entries on the left hand side of the Australian Food Awards home page, click Enter Online and our online entry wizard will guide you through the steps to complete your entries.
For additional information on the online entry process read the Help page in the Entries menu.
The entry booklet and entry form can be downloaded from www.rasv.com.au/finefoods.
Go to Entries on the left hand side of the Australian Food Awards home page, click Entry Booklet & Forms and click on the relevant documents to download them to your computer or mobile device.
Paper entries will incur a processing fee of $5 per entry.
How to submit entries
Australian Food Awards
(03) 9281 7535
Ascot Vale, Victoria, 3032
Third Party Manufacturing
To be eligible for an AFA Trophy the Exhibit must be submitted by the producer or the retailer who has had the product produced under contract. The contract producer must be listed a part of the entry process.
Both the producer and the brand owner or retailer will be recognized in all official announcement of results by the RASV, including announcements of class results and in the results catalogue.
Where a trophy is awarded to an Exhibit which has been produced under contract, the Trophy will recognise the producer first and then the retailer or brand owner.
For detailed information refer to the section on 'Third Party Manufacturing' in the Entry Booklet.