Why should I enter the Australian Food Awards?
- The Australian Food Awards is Australia’s Leading National Food Awards Program;
- Award-winning products will receive gold, silver & bronze medals which are a national brand seal of excellence;
- Exhibitors can benchmark their product against competitors with unique, innovative results reporting, providing more information on where your product is ranked against your competitors;
- Award-winning producers will be provided with the AFA Marketing & PR Kit to assist with promoting your win;
- Award-winning producers have the opportunity to market their products in the Winning Tastes Pavilion & the AFA Deli at the Royal Melbourne Show;
- Products that are awarded gold medal status for three consecutive years will be eligible for the Consistency of Excellence Medal;
- Exhibitors have the opportunity to attend an exclusive Exhibitor Tasting to sample this year’s medal-winning product;
- Exhibitors can attend the AFA Gala Awards Presentation Dinner, held in a unique setting where the Champion Trophies will be announced;
- Opportunity to be showcased at International and Local Trade Shows and promotional events.
What happens after I send in my Entry application?
Once applications for entry have been processed, you will be sent an Exhibitor Confirmation Pack containing details of what information you need to include with your exhibit. The pack will also include instructions for delivery.
How many entries can I submit into each class?
You can enter a maximum of 5 entries into a class. However an individual exhibit can only be entered once into the Australian Food Awards.
Do I send my exhibits in with my entry form?
No, we only initially need your form. The delivery date and delivery instructions are provided with your Exhibitor Confirmation Pack which is sent once all entries have been processed.
Can I attend the judging?
No, judging of the Australian Food Awards is closed to the public.
When are the results available?
Medal winners will be announced within three working days of the completion of judging. The Champion Trophy winners will be announced at the Awards Presentation in September. Results Catalogues and medal certificates will be mailed to all exhibitors after the Awards Presentation.
What type of feedback do I receive?
Your results pack will include information on how your exhibit was scored by the judges as well as feedback from the judging panel.
What happens if I win a medal?
Your results pack will contain the certificate for your medal winning exhibit. You will also be emailed the medal artwork awarded, along with a marketing kit, at the same time as the results are released. Please note, your designers/printers will need to have suitable software to open the files.