The Royal Melbourne Show Horses in Action programs celebrates the best of the best with more than 650 horses competing across 250 classes each year. The extensive program includes saddle horse and riding classes, Showjumping, Exhibition Eventing, Hunting and Harness. The competition provides breeders, riders and owners with the opportunity to benchmark against some of the finest horses and riders in the country.
There’s nothing quite like the prestige associated with exhibiting in the Royal Melbourne Show Horses in Action competition which offers over $80,000 in trophies and prize money.
To join our mailing list, or for more information, please contact us.
Horses in Action Celebration
Celebrate your involvement in the Royal Melbourne Show at the 2014 Horses in Action Celebration, presented by the Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria.
This is an opportunity to enjoy a fun, social evening with family and friends, fellow competitors and competition officials.
Canapés, drinks and live entertainment provided.
Venue: Port Phillip Room, Royal Block (Building 5), Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Road, Ascot Vale
Date: Wednesday, 24 September 2014
Time: 7 - 9pm
Dress: Smart Casual
Tickets: RASV Members - $35; Non Members - $45
Ticket sales open until 10 September 2014 or until sold out. Book online here.
2014 Notification of Acceptance
Acceptance letters and remittance advices have now been sent electronically to exhibitors with a valid email address, and those without an email address have been posted. If you have not received your acceptance notification, please first check the junk mail folder of your email inbox before contacting the RASV on (03) 9281 4737.
2014 Competition Highlights
- Winner of the Pope Cup to take home $1000 prize money – the highest of all the Horses in Action Saddle classes – proudly sponsored by Racing Victoria Off the Track
- Led Clydesdale judging held indoors for the first time to celebrate the Centenary of Clydesdale Champions at the Royal Melbourne Show
- 80th Garryowen Equestrienne Turnout with over $8,500 in prize money and trophies
- World Cup Showjumping Competition with $10,000 in prize money
- $3,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs in the Shetland Steeplechase presented by E-Cycle Solutions and AJRA
- Racing Victoria $300 cash bonus for winning retired racehorses
- New and improved stable cleaning services
- New classes including Hunt Club relay, Champion Child’s Mounts and Novice Clydesdale Exhibitor and Junior Handler (Led Clydesdales)
- Improved arrival and departure times
- Truck camping area available
- Harness storage provisions for harness exhibitors
Competition Key Dates
||Entries close 11 August
|All other sections:
||Entries now closed
The 2014 Royal Melbourne Show will be held from Saturday 20 September – Wednesday 1 October.