Why Should I Enter?
The AFA offers broad opportunities for Australian producers to leverage success locally and internationally with the AFA’s national brand seal of excellence.
The AFA presents producers, large and small, with the chance to benchmark their products, establish their credentials in the Australian food industry, and provides differentiation in the market for award winners.
5 reasons to enter the Australian Food Awards
- Award-winning products will receive gold, silver and bronze medals which are a national brand seal of excellence.
- Exhibitors can benchmark their product against competitors with unique, innovative results reporting, providing more information on where your product is ranked against your competitors.
- Award-winning producers will be provided with the AFA Marketing and PR Kit to assist with promoting their win.
- Award-winning producers have the opportunity to market their products in the Winning Tastes Pavilion at the Royal Melbourne Show.
- Exhibitors can attend the AFA Awards Presentation Dinner, held in a unique setting where the champion trophies will be announced.
2019 Key Dates
Entries for the garlic category open Tuesday 27 November and close Friday 4 February. Enter here.
Entries will open in March and close in May for all other categories.
Garlic judging will take place on Wednesday 20 February.
Judging for all other categories except table olives and cooking/olive oils will take place at Melbourne Showgrounds in July.
Table olives and cooking/olive oil judging takes place in August.
Awards Presentation Evening
The Champion Trophies will be awarded at the 2018 Australian Food Awards presentation dinner, held in September.