Our people are our most important and valued asset. Having the best talent enables RASV to provide a great customer experience for all of our members and visitors. At RASV we are passionate about delivering memorable customer experiences at all our events, especially the Show.
Why Work at the RASV?
As a RASV team member, you will also have the opportunity to be a part of the world-renowned Royal Melbourne Show. Each year you will be part of the Royal Melbourne Show coming to life and the opportunity for guests to experience lots of attractions, get close to a variety of different animals, sample and purchase a large range of food.
RASV strives to create a fun, social and collaborative environment for our people, including;
- Social events throughout the year
- Annual Christmas Party
- Employees receive a year-round on-site car park
- Discounted beer and wine
- Flexible work options
- Tailored learning, growth and development opportunities
- Annual development plans to help you to grow and reach your full potential
RASV has a team of over 50 full-time, part-time, and casual staff - who work on the Royal Melbourne Show, events at Melbourne Showgrounds and other activities and events.
You can register your interest in any position advertised below by submitting your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line.
Customer/Event Services Manager
- To establish a quality management and continuous improvement program focused on the management and integrity of CRM data.
- Documenting and streamlining processes and providing a high standard of administrative support to ensure we deliver world class competitions, award programs, events/functions and agricultural shows, in particular the Royal Melbourne Show.
- To develop and deliver products and services that meet the needs of our customers and members.
- Developing and managing all ticketing and customer service facilities and personnel for the Royal Melbourne Show.
Graduate Desktop Engineer, Technology Services
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction in delivery of technology solutions for RASV Staff.
- Build, deploy and support Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, and Mobiles hardware for RASV Staff.
- Deploy and Support core Desktop Software productivity packaged including Windows OS, Office 365, Adobe, anti-virus.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe the environment and procedures.
- Undertake research and project work as directed to increase organisational capability, increase productivity and reduce administration, especially within the core areas of responsibility.
- Maintain status in the ‘work-in-progress’ system.
- Provide after-hours support as negotiated with your Manager
Finance Officer, Finance
- Recording and reconciliation of daily catering reports
- Preparation and maintenance of catering report spreadsheets
- Calculation of royalties and costs to be charged to caterers
- Prepare profit and loss report
- Analysis of data relating to point of sale system
- Contract management
- Maintain record of stock control
- Organise cash floats and EFTPOS terminals for events
Event Coordinator, Woodchop, Alpaca & Poultry
- Ensure the effective day-to-day running of the competition, including the planning and administer the competitions, the layout and construction of the competition & support areas and the organisation of equipment, supplies and services.
- Undertake business planning and budgeting processes in accordance with RASV requirements and direction.
- As part of a continuous improvement program, implement approved changes to the competitions and administrative processes.
- Review, edit and produce competition documents within prescribed timeframes; including; schedules (conditions of entry, class specifications including prizes, supporters), entry forms, exhibitor information, catalogues and results catalogues.
- Process competition entries and results, including data entry and checking of validity of entries.
- Maintain accurate filing systems and update procedural documents when changes necessitate.
- Liaise and correspond with stakeholders and clients.
- Manage casual staff employed prior, during and after the Royal Melbourne Show - including providing direction, supervising work, monitoring performance; distributing and collecting time sheets.
- Manage the conduct of Committee meetings including the production of agendas, minutes, reports and briefing papers as required.
- Communicate effectively with Board & Committee Members, RASV staff, Exhibitors, Volunteers, Contractors, Consultants, Suppliers and Industry Associations.
- Build relationships with key industry participants to promote RASV competitions and events.
- Identify public relations, marketing and sponsorship opportunities and relay information to relevant departments and suppliers.
- Secure supporters (returning and new) for each activity.
- Respond to and resolve customer services issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Prepare a range of reports, briefing reports and correspondence.
- Participate in a range of team based and administrative activities including; bulk mail-outs, compiling, ordering and sorting prizes, trophies, ribbons, sashes etc.
- Organise all matters associated with the travel & accommodation of competition officials.
- Undertake project work and other activities to support the team as directed.