Board member vacancy
The Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria (RASV), is a member-based, not-for-profit organisation that was formed in 1848.
Our Purpose is to celebrate agriculture, cultivate events and strengthen communities.
Our Vision is for the RASV to be globally recognised as a seal of excellence, highly valued for:
- Showcasing food and beverage, produce and producers
- Presenting premier events
- Activating and creating vibrant event spaces
RASV’s key business pillars are:
- Royal Melbourne Show: Conducted by RASV, the Royal Melbourne Show is Victoria's largest and most iconic annual community event and attracts around 450,000 people over 11 days to Melbourne Showgrounds each year;
- Venue Management: RASV is the venue manager for Melbourne Showgrounds, Melbourne’s largest and most versatile indoor/outdoor event venue that operates 365 days a year; and
- Event Management: RASV develops and delivers events particularly agriculture, food and beverage events that are valued by industry including the Australian Food Awards, Royal Melbourne Wine Awards, Australian International Beer Awards and many more.
The Board of RASV is seeking expressions of interest to fill up to three Board positions that are currently vacant. These remunerated non-executive Director positions are for up to three years. Directors are responsible as a member of the Board for leadership, governance and oversight.
We are looking to appoint experienced, commercially-focussed, innovative people to complement the skills of existing Directors and support the successful delivery of our Strategic Plan.
Specifically, we are looking for insights, experience and advice in the following areas to ensure that the RASV Board is creating long term sustainable value for the organisation:
- Venue and event management-based businesses;
- Board and organisational governance;
- legal qualification and experience particularly in commercial practice;
- marketing, sponsorship, commercial partnering and communication;
- food, beverage and agriculture sector.
Further details about these positions are contained in the Board Charter.
RASV is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates. Further information about RASV is available at our website www.rasv.com.au.
If you are interested in joining a professional and highly capable Board, please provide a CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the required skills and competencies and explaining your interest in the Board position.
Please address applications to:
Matt Coleman, President RASV
c/-Dianne Silvestro, Executive Manager, People & Culture
Any queries can be directed to Dianne Silvestro on (03) 9281 7406 or 0425 744 154.
Expressions of Interest will be received up until 5.00pm AEST Friday 16 October 2020.