The Royal Agricultural Society of Victoria (RASV) is pleased to announce plans to establish a Youth Advisory Group to support and nurture the next generation of Victorian agricultural leaders.
The Youth Advisory Group is being established as a platform for young agri-professionals in Victoria to become involved with the RASV and make a valuable contribution to promoting agriculture, cultivating events and strengthening communities.
There will be a particular focus on creating opportunities to promote and celebrate youth in agriculture, with a broad focus that includes Victorian agricultural shows, farming, agribusiness and agri-tech.
No specific experience is required other than a passion to be a future leader in agriculture.
The objectives of the RASV Advisory Group are:
- Identify and celebrate the next generation of leaders in agriculture
- To facilitate social interactions and networking through the establishment of agricultural events and activities
- Advise and represent the RASV across the diverse range of agricultural industry sectors
- To encourage innovative ideas
- To collaborate with and maintain close working relationships with other agricultural youth groups/individuals both in Victoria and interstate
- Engage and promote youth through our competitions
- To facilitate and support youth initiatives and activities at the Royal Melbourne Show
- To represent the RASV to the highest standard at events including the Royal Melbourne Show and rural and regional shows as required
- Promote and support the youth pathway to the Royal Melbourne Show
Aims and Expectations of the Youth Advisory Group
- Strengthen the focus on youth in agriculture at the RASV
- Promote the RASV to the next generation of agricultural leaders
- Support and advise the RASV on youth initiatives, and activities including the Royal Melbourne Show, and other related events
- Promote young primary producers and their achievements
- Promote the RASV Youth Advisory Group to other relevant youth groups nationally
Composition and Responsibility
- The Youth Advisory Group will consist of up to 10 voting members, with the option to review this number in the future if deemed necessary by the RASV. There is a potential for inviting additional young people (under 18), to attend the meetings when relevant.
- The Youth Advisory Group members will be guided by the structure and governance of the RASV Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest and Committee and Advisory Group Charter.
- The Youth Advisory Group members shall be elected for a period of up to three (3) years.
- The Youth Advisory Group will undertake an annual review after the Royal Melbourne Show each year
- The Youth Advisory Group shall nominate their Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson for approval by The RASV on an annual basis.
Meetings & Communication
- Meeting days and times will be selected by the Youth Advisory Group members.
- The Youth Advisory Group members should meet up to six (6) times per year, conducted virtually or face-to-face. At least one meeting per year must be conducted face-to-face.
- The agenda and all relevant information will be circulated by the RASV representative prior to each meeting.
- All meeting proceedings will be officially recorded in minutes by the RASV representative or a selected member of the Youth Advisory Group and forwarded to all Advisory Group members, as well as to the RASV for further distribution and archiving.
Archiving of documentation
- All official documentation, minutes and reports are to be kept by the RASV for archiving
- The Youth Advisory Group members will be approved by the RASV Board. The RASV Board may appoint, remove, or replace any member/s of the Advisory Group.